I received the message. What's the problem? What's broken?

Forum rules
You can request any videos on the forum: Premium requests -> https://network22.cc/viewforum.php?f=69 or Paid requests - 20% -> https://network22.cc/viewforum.php?f=83

Does online video viewing work? ("Watch Online" button)

Poll ended at Wed Aug 01, 2018 5:35 pm

Yes
No votes
No
No votes
I don't Care
No votes

Total votes: 0

admind4
Site Admin

I received the message. What's the problem? What's broken?

Post by admind4 » Fri Jul 27, 2018 5:35 pm

You have got to be kidding me, this is a major disappointment. I mean, you have a wonderful idea. And yet, all of a sudden, I can only download videos from this "hotlink" website. This is all sorts of ridiculous. I mean, okay, let's say for the sake of the argument that I can buy a premium subscribtion "account" to that website, but even that would come with the downside of having to go though ALL the trouble of converting it into a more, for lack of a better word, decend type of a file size. You goddamn millinials, I can't tell one way or another whether you're even going to be bothered to even READ that far. But that's beside the point. In this year of 2018, in this motherfucking country called America, I have to go through all the trouble of getting a premium account and then COMPRESSING a FILE? Jesus Christ. I have businesses to worry about, I mean I'm a capitalist! Oh and last but not least, playing a video without downloading is even worse. Okay? I'm not good with the computers, you know. I have an arguably what can bee seen as a highly stresfull job. This utter and complete ridiculousness of having my computer crash is just too much. It's just something I can do without. So I guess the point I'm trying to cross is there just has to be some other kind of way to download and/or view the files! I was not so sure of whether to send this from my real name but what the hell. Would you please be so kind as to fix this.
What's the problem? What's broken?

Zer0

Re: I received the message. What's the problem? What's broken?

Post by Zer0 » Sat Jul 28, 2018 2:42 am

On one note, I am happy to have at least one other person here who is seemingly capable of speaking in full sentences. Unfortunately, that appears to be where this fellow's strengths lie. I pray to God that this person is joking, and if this is true, I commend him for a well-written and thought-out "joke". If not, I am very disappointed in how dumb some people can be.

D4, in case you can't understand what this nitwit is saying, he has 2 problems: 1. He doesn't like that the video files are too big in size. 2. He doesn't like the current system in place for viewing the videos without downloading them.

Most of the time, you should stop reading anything once you see them unironically use the word millennial, as it denotes an IQ in the double digits range. To add insult to injury, he spelled the word wrong. Wow.

Now to actually address his terrible complaints:

1. Complaining about video files being large is like complaining that water is wet; it's unpreventable and uncontrollable. He suggested compressing the files into something smaller like a .zip or .rar (or possibly even a .torrent file), but that wouldn't actually fix that much. If you were to add the times it took to download the compressed file AND the time it took to extract the videos from the compressed archives, then the amounted time would actually be more. D4, you shouldn't have to jump through hoops to please this single person, when literally no one else cares about the sizes of the video files.

2. The entire point of websites not allowing you to view a full video (usually only a preview of it lasting a couple of seconds) is because they want you to download it, duh. If, for example, hotlinks were to allow users to just watch the full video without needing to download it, they'd lose all their business. Why waste time and disk space downloading a video when you can just watch it on the spot? I think this guy's main complaint here isn't with the lackluster video player, but with his own computer. Surely someone as busy as he claims to be should be able to afford a better computer?

D4, I advise for you to not take these troll comments too seriously. You don't need to waste hours of your time just to make small changes that appease one or two people. You're already doing a lot to help us for free (kinda).

admind4
Site Admin

Post by admind4 » Sat Jul 28, 2018 8:15 am

Zer0, Thanks. I hope people with a premium account can watch full videos online.

Rob

Post by Rob » Sat Jul 28, 2018 2:26 pm

Zer0 wrote:
Sat Jul 28, 2018 2:42 am
one other person here who is seemingly capable of speaking in full sentences
You must forget about Emre :lol:
Zer0 wrote:
Sat Jul 28, 2018 2:42 am
You don't need to waste hours of your time just to make small changes that appease one or two people. You're already doing a lot to help us for free
I'm Agree completely, Thanks D4 & Zer0
I nearly never watch a video online :P
Last edited by Rob on Sat Jul 28, 2018 2:30 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Rob

Post by Rob » Sat Jul 28, 2018 2:28 pm

D4 please add a third option in voting, This: "I don't Care"